Our Puppy and Beginners Essentials course is a 6-week course for puppies and dogs starting out with their training, and it's aimed at giving you and your furry companion all the basic life skills needed to set you up for future success!
The course is limited to 6 places per class to make sure you get plenty of our time, the puppies/dogs remain on lead at all times to ensure it's not overwhelming for them, and it covers all the most important things needed for day to day life:
- Response to Name / Recall
- Loose Lead Walking
- Sit / Down / Stay
- Jumping Up
- Husbandry training (being examined etc - great for vet visits!)
We are also available to discuss the other most common topics of puppy/dog behaviour like toilet training and mouthing/chewing.
Included with the course is a pack of Feelwells training treats, weekly summary notes of each session to help you practice these new skills at home, and an end of course Certificate.
The classes are one hour a week, and all dogs must be vaccinated/titre tested to attend. Puppies must have received at least their first vaccinations to attend.
More details on the venue location can be found on our Find Us page.
Puppy & Beginners Essentials
Unless otherwise stated:
- The classes at Llandybie Public Memorial Hall take place on Thurs evenings 18.30-19.30, and on Saturdays 10.30-11.30.
- The classes at Short Bark and Sides in Swansea take place on Weds evenings 18.30-19.30
The session dates for the courses beginning in Jan are:
- Weds - Jan 8th, 15th, 22nd, 29th, Feb 5th, 12th
- Thurs - Jan 9th, 16th, 23rd, 30th, Feb 6th, 13th
- Sat - Jan 11th, 18th, 25th, Feb 1st, 8th, 15th
The session dates for the courses beginning in Feb are:
- Weds - Feb 19th, 26th, March 4th, 11th, 18th, 25th
- Thurs - Feb 20th, 27th, March 5th, 12th, 19th, 26th